“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.” Colossians 3:17
Clicking the “Give Online” button will lead you to a secure page where you can give in three easy steps.
- Create an account, log in to your existing account, or continue without an account. Then enter in the amount you would like to give, the selected fund or funds, and whether you would like this to be a one time or recurring gift. (Grand Rapids HRC members may include your donor number in the comments box if you would like this gift added to your church donor receipt.)
- Enter in your personal information: name, address, contact info, etc.
- Enter in your payment info for E-Check, debit, or credit card, and select the “give now” button. Then print off the provided receipt for your records.
While we have opened up the use of credit cards for giving, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer or debit cards rather than credit cards for three main reasons:
- The use of credit cards requires careful stewardship. While many pay off their credit card balances each month, financial advisers point to many examples of those that have brought themselves into financial difficulty by indiscriminate use of easy credit.
- Giving that leads an individual into paying interest on gifts to charity (such as through credit card giving) is not something that we would advocate. “For if there first be a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not” (2 Cor. 8:12).
- The transaction fee for electronic fund transfer is 1% instead of the 3% that is charged for credit or debit cards.
Please feel free to contact the deacons with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org